So, this lchf (low carb high fat) pizza crust isn’t chewy or crispy – it’s more dense and a little fluffy (does that even make sense?), but it holds together well, stands up to toppings, and doesn’t contain almonds (to which I’m allergic!), like many keto crust almonds. It’s also way less labor intensive, and fewer net carbs than a cauliflower crust (for a similar serving size)! Yay!
- 2 ounces neufchatel cheese (or cream cheese)
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup water
- 6 tbsp coconut flour
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1-2 cloves of garlic, minced
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Mash together neufchatel/cream cheese, garlic, pepper and coconut flour.
- Crack one egg into the dough and mix until thoroughly incorporated.
- Repeat with the other two eggs until a batter forms.
- Stir in 1/4 of water and mix completely.
- Pour onto a silicon baking mat on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes and pull from oven. Check the bottom of the crust by gently lifting with a spatula. If it doesn't pull away, toss back in the oven for another few minutes.
- Carefully flip over. I turned the crust and silicon mat upside down on a cutting board, and gently peeled the mat away; then I replaced the mat on the baking tray and flipped the crust back on the mat, top side down.
- Top with desired veggies, sauce and cheese and toss back in the oven for another 10 minutes!
- Voila - awesome LCHF pizza.