I really enjoy store-bought protein bars but a recently discovered almond allergy has taken those off the table. So, I’ve been trying to make my own protein bars for a long time now, and every once in a while I’ll get close…and then something will be off. This is the by far the best version I’ve come up with – and it’s actually the easiest!
The homemade version of these is softer (needs to be refrigerated when stored), and not so chewy. It is, however, super delicious and only contains 2 net carbs per serving!
A super simple, low carb, sugar free protein bar you can make at home!
- 3 scoops (~90g) chocolate protein powder of your choosing
- 6 tbsp cream cheese (I use Trader Joe's vegan cream cheese for this)
- 6 tbsp peanut butter
- Mix together cream cheese and peanut butter until smooth.
- Add in chocolate protein powder and combine until completely mixed, and a dough forms. I used my hands here, and kneaded it until everything was completely mixed in. I seriously use exam gloves to keep my hands clean!
- Press dough mixture into a silicon pullman loaf pan or a regular pullman loaf pan that has been lined with parchment/wax paper and chill for 10-15 minutes. You don't want it hard, just a little chilled.
- Turn out loaf onto a cutting board and slice into 6 equal pieces.
- Wrap in wax paper and store in the fridge!
- Om nom nom.