I know – it’s not really pumpkin season yet. I’m fine with that – I just really, really like pumpkin and all things pumpkin spice. No harm in that!
So, after making the No Bake Pumpkin Spice Cheesecakes, I decided it was time for something a little more portable. Maybe something I could bring to work, or have for breakfast that wasn’t an egg cup. Enter these low carb pumpkin spice protein bars. They’re baked, so they’re a little cakier than the protein bars I’ve made in the past, but still delicious!
- 4 scoops (~120g) vanilla whey powder
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 4 oz neufchatel or cream cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice or Chinese five spice
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Grease a loaf pan, or use a silicon baking pan - you could also use a shallow pan like an 8x8 baking tin, but you'll have to watch them as they cook because the baking time will be reduced!
- Mash together pumpkin and neufchatel/cream cheese.
- Stir in protein powder until thoroughly combined.
- Add egg and mix until the dough becomes more like a pancake batter.
- Pour into your lined/silicon pan and bake for 20 minutes.
- Let cool, slice into 8 pieces and enjoy!
If not using a flavored & sweetened whey powder, add 1 tsp vanilla and 1/4 tsp pure stevia powder in with the spices.