These aren’t your typical, sweet shortbread – these little guys pack a savoury punch! They’re easy to make and require pretty minimal prep work to get in the oven. Because of the coconut butter and the tomatoes, they are slightly sweet, but the saltiness and pepper really balance that sweetness well! Plus, these shortbread biscuits are low carb, sugar free, grain free, gluten free, nut free, paleo and vegan (seriously!).
So, here’s a snack almost everyone can enjoy!
- 1/3 cup coconut manna/butter
- 1 tbsp coconut flour
- 1/2 cup sundried tomatoes, soaked overnight (or, soaked in near boiling water for 15 minutes!)
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 300F.
- If you didn't have time to soak the sun dried tomatoes overnight, soak them in water, just off the boil for about 15 minutes.
- When tomatoes are cool enough to touch, drain them and squeeze out the excess water. This will remove some moisture, as well as salt, to cut down on how crazy salty they would be!
- Dice the drained tomatoes into fairly even pieces.
- Mix the tomatoes and coconut manna/butter until completely incorporated.
- Add in coconut flour and pepper, mixing until thoroughly combined.
- Roll into little balls and flatten on a cookie tray.
- Place in the freezer to chill for about 15 minutes.
- Remove from the freezer and bake for 20 minutes, until golden brown.
- Let cool completely (or they will fall apart) and enjoy!