I love waffles, and these are the closest I’ve come to a vegan keto version. They’re pretty dense, but they have that crunchy exterior and with some whipped coconut cream and berries, they’re a delicious Sunday morning treat.
These are gluten free, grain free, vegan, nut free and soy free. So, allergen free (they do have seeds, though!). The ingredients are pretty minimal, and easily found, and while these seem to be a littler higher in carbs, it’s mostly fiber.
- 1 medium ripe avocado (about 1 cup mashed)
- 3 tbsp coconut flour
- 2 tbsp sunflower seed butter
- 1 tbsp chia seeds in 1/4 cup water
- 1 tbsp vinegar or lemon juice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 10 drops of liquid stevia, or 2 scoops powdered stevia
- Preheat your waffle iron. This is mine and I love it! If you need to brush on oil, do so now!
- Soak chia seeds in water until they form a gel.
- Mash together sunflower seed butter, avocado, chia mixture, stevia, vanilla and vinegar.
- Mix together coconut flour, baking soda and cinnamon.
- Combine wet and dry ingredients and scoop into the waffle iron – you should get 3 4″ x 4″ waffles out of this.
- Cook on each side for about 3-5 minutes until golden brown, or until the waffle iron light goes off. 😉
- Enjoy! As I said, I topped these with coconut cream and some berries and they were fabulous!!