A coworker gave me 4 pounds of zucchini from her garden, and so I’ve been eating quite a bit of zucchini this week! In this spirit, I made some low carb, sugar free zucchini muffins today that are suuuuuper delicious.
I used cinnamon, along with a Chinese five spice blend to give them a unique flavor, but you can surely use cinnamon and nutmeg instead. I also used a crunch sunflower seed butter for texture, but smooth is fine, as is any nut/seed butter, really!
- 1 1/2 cups finely shredded zucchini (the little holes on a box grater)
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup sunflower seed butter (or nut butter of your choosing)
- 2 tbsp coconut flour
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Chinese five spice - make sure it's salt-free! (or 1/4 tsp nutmeg)
- 1/4 tsp pure stevia powder
- Preheat oven to 350F and line a muffin tin with liners, or use a silicon muffin tin (I use mine for everything!)!
- Blend the finely shredded zucchini and sunflower seed butter until completely mixed.
- Add in eggs, one at a time, mixing each in thoroughly before adding the next.
- Add in vanilla, spices and stevia and mix until completely incorporated.
- Sprinkle coconut flour over the top and mix in completely.
- Let the mixture sit for a few minutes, so that the coconut flour absorbs all of the liquid before scooping into muffin tin.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, checking around 20 minutes for doneness with a toothpick/knife (stick it in the center, and if it comes out clean - they're done!).
- Let cool for a few minutes before diving in!