I just really love citrus, and tart things, which combine incredibly well with the richness of the nuts and cream cheese in this super simple, low carb, keto-friendly, no-bake cheesecake. It’s also interesting to note that this recipe is gluten free, refined sugar free, egg free and soy free.
- 1 cup (about 60g) dried coconut – unsweetened
- 1/2 cup (about 50g) pecans
- 1/4 cup (about 5g) freeze dried cranberries
- 1 cup (about 150g) macadamia nuts, soaked overnight (or for a half hour in near-boiling water)
- the zest and juice of two limes (regular, not key limes)
- 4 oz (about 60g) cream cheese
- 1/4 cup (about 60g) coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 10 drops liquid stevia
- In your blender or food processor, pulverize the dried coconut, pecans and freeze dried cranberries until they resemble the texture of wet sand and hold together when pinched.
- If you are using a glass, or metal muffin tin, you may wish to use liners, or to grease the tin. Portion the filling into a muffin tray (I used a normal-sized silicon tray that will make 12 muffins), and pack into the bottoms, making sure they are flat. These will be your cheesecake crusts.
- Rinse the food processor, and toss soaked macadamia nuts, lime zest and juice, coconut oil, vanilla extract and stevia in. Blend until very smooth.
- Add the cream cheese, and blend until combined.
- Portion out this mixture in the muffin tin, on top of the crusts, and smooth. Pop in the freezer for about 30 minutes. Your cheesecakes should come out of the tray, no problem!
- calories: 226
- total carbs: 5g
- fiber: 2g
- protein: 3g
- fat: 23g