Any of you who have been on a low carb or ketogenic diet for a while will likely recognize the phrase “fat bomb.” It’s pretty much exactly what it sounds like – a small treat made of mostly fat to make eating a super low carb diet a lot easier. Ever since making those cookie dough bites the other day, I’ve really been on kind of a fat bomb kick. Mostly because I’m lazy, and while I would love to stay in the kitchen baking low sugar carb cookies for warmth, I would also love to be snuggled under a heated blanket. So, I decied to make another version of a low carb vegan fat bomb – vegan keto peanut butter cheesecake bites.
This recipe is absurdly easy to make, and the result is delicious, gluten free, dairy free, egg free, grain free and sugar free. All the “frees.”
Notes on Making Vegan Keto Peanut Butter Cheesecake Bites
- The consistancy of these bites relies heavily on two things: how oily your peanut butter is, and how thick the vegan cream cheese is. Some brands are a bit runnier, and so the resulting cheesecake bites should be stored in the freezer for the best results. If your peanut butter is relatively thick, you can likely freeze these so they set, and then store them in the fridge.
- I used liquid stevia for these, but you could easily use powdered stevia or a granulated sweetener like Swerve – just be sure to mix thoroughly so there are no clumps!
- These set up in my freezer in less than an hour.
- If you wanted to make these more like actual cheesecakes, pulverize some pecans in a food processor, and press about a tsp of the mix into the bottom of each baking cup before adding in the peanut butter mixture.
- I use mini baking cups for this recipe, but you could easily use a full sized muffin tin and liners as well – just be sure to adjust the calories and carbs in the recipe accordingly!
- 4 ounces (8 tbsp) peanut butter
- 4 ounces (8 tbsp) vegan cream cheese
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Stevia to taste
- Mix ingredients together until well combined. I added about 1/4 tsp of liquid stevia, but you can definitely add more if you like things on the sweeter side.
- Scoop into a liners and let chill in the freezer for at least an hour.
- Try not to eat them all in one sitting.