Basic Vegan Fat Bob-omb
One of the pillars of many a ketogenic diet is fat bombs, and plant-based keto is no exception. There are going to be days where you look at your macros and realize that you’ve only got 1g of carbs left, but still somehow need 200 calories and more fat. Since drinking straight coconut oil isn’t an appealing option for everyone, and macadamia nuts are pretty pricey, fat bombs are a great way to satisfy this need. I’ve been getting a lot of requests lately for a really easy vegan fat bomb that people can make without a blender, so I thought I’d post the one I make the most.
These vegan fat bombs don’t have any crazy ingredients or weird preparation methods and are great to grab in a pinch. I like to keep a batch in my fridge at all times, so I have something to eat that’s super low carb and won’t jack up my blood sugar if I’m hungry and don’t want to actually cook anything.
Notes on Making Basic Vegan Keto Fat Bob-ombs
- Please don’t sue me, Nintendo.
- Please don’t sue me, Universal.
- If you don’t want to use almond butter, you can use pretty much any nut or seed butter, including coconut butter/manna.
- If you can’t have coconut oil, you can use an equal amount of cocoa butter instead.
- I like to use adorable silicon moulds (like these, actually exactly those) to make these for two reasons: they’re super cute, and I can make small enough fat bombs to be able to control the portions better.
- I store these in the freezer, but they will actually stay stable in the fridge, due to the coconut oil content.
- Similarly, if you aren’t a chocolate person, you can just replace the cocoa powder with another tbsp of almond butter. Just be sure to update the nutrition information accordingly in whatever tracking program you’re using!
- I used stevia to sweeten these, but if you’d rather use another sweetener, about 1 tbsp of powdered erythritol should do the trick. You could also use a granulated sweetener, but it will be a little gritty. You can also pulverize the granulated sweetener in a coffee grinder, and this will take care of the grittiness.
- I used the generic values for coconut oil, cocoa powder, and almond butter from the USDA reference chart, but if you are using specific brands, be sure to take this into account when calculating macros.
- You don’t have to make 12 servings out of this recipe – this is just what I got. If you want to make larger fat bombs, just make sure to update the macros in your tracker.
These vegan keto fat bombs are easy to make, low carb and delicious!
- 1/2 cup (112g) coconut oil
- 6 tbsp (96g) unsweetened almond butter
- 2 tbsp (10g) cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp liquid sweetener
- In a mixing bowl, melt together coconut oil, almond butter, cocoa powder and sweetener. Mix together until completely incorporated and pour into moulds. Freeze for about a half hour to set.