Note: Hi, friends! Just a a quick reminder – some of the links on this site are affiliate links, and so I may earn a little cash on qualifying orders. It doesn’t cost you anything extra, and is a nice way to help support this site! I also want to point out that I don’t promote products I haven’t actually tried or products that I don’t trust. 🙂
I spend a lot of time on instagram, browing various keto-related hashtags, and when I saw a post the other day from The Wholesome Holistic, I just had to try the recipe. After this weekend’s carb-up (where honestly, I didn’t feel that great after), I decided to try and be really conscious of what I’m eating over the next few days, and keep the fat high and the carbs low with some keto vegan fat bombs. I know, kind of the point of this keto thing…
Anyway, I looked at the ingredients for the original recipe and realized that 1) I did not have many of them, and 2) I am allergic to some of them. I’m pretty used to this altering recipes for these reasons, although the fact that this was already a vegan fat bomb was pretty exciting. I ended up making enough alterations that it’s an entirely new recipe, so I thought I’d post it here for your enjoyment.
If you want to check out the original (which I highly recommend), the actual recipe is here. For my nut free, modified version, just keep scrolling!
Notes on Making Blueberry Lavender Vegan Fat Bombs:
- I used actual lavender for this instead of essential oils like the original recipe called for, but this warning applies to both: Be careful adding lavender in! Too much, and it tastes like soap. If you want a stronger flavor, I recommend increasing the amount of dried lavender by just a pinch, or one drop if you’re using an extract. Then blend, test and see if it needs more.
- Instead of vanilla extract, you could use lemon extract and these would be brighter and more summery.
- Beet powder is unnecessary, but lovely for color and anthocyanins!
- Be careful using frozen fruit, as it will basically seize up your blender when added to the coconut oil. Either use fresh berries, or thawed frozen ones!
- The hemp seeds here can be substituted for almond flour, or any other ground nut/seed.
Blueberry Lavender Vegan Fat Bombs (nut free!)
- 3/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup hulled hemp seeds also called hemp hearts
- 1 tsp beetroot powder or any vaguely fruity tasting superfood powder
- 1/4 cup blueberries
- 1/4 tsp culinary lavender
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 10-15 drops liquid stevia
- pinch of salt
- In a blender, combine everything EXCEPT the blueberries. Blend until nice and creamy and smooth. This will take about a minute, so the hemp seeds are completely blended.
- Add in the blueberries, and pulse until they are chopped, but not totally blended.
- Pour into 10 equal portions (I used a silicon muffin pan, but you could also use a silicon ice cube tray).
- Freeze until solid.
6 thoughts on “Blueberry Lavender Vegan Fat Bombs (nut free!)”
they look delicious!!! I just might have to try these next time
Thank you! Yours are so gorgeous, and tasty looking. I actually ordered acai powder to approximate them for real (with another nut butter replacing), but these will do for now!
These look delicious! I love your recipes, your blog and all of your insightful information
There seems to be a glitch with the fat bomb recipes. When you click on fat bombs (from the list) only this one comes up – the others do not. Thanks
Thank you for being so kind (on all these posts!), and for letting me know about the glitch! I didn’t realize it was doing this, so thanks for the heads up.
It should be fixed now!
So many fat bombs have either dairy or nuts in them. So it was great to find your website, with all your amazing recipes and fat bombs. Thank you…
My pleasure! I’m so glad you find it helpful!