Note: Hi, friends! Just a a quick reminder – some of the links on this site are affiliate links, and so I may earn a little cash on qualifying orders. It doesn’t cost you anything extra, and is a nice way to help support this site! I also want to point out that I don’t promote products I haven’t actually tried or products that I don’t trust. 🙂
To continue looking at the daily meals of a low carb vegan, I’ve put together a few easy vegan keto lunch recipes for you to peruse! This is building on the dinner recipes post I did recently. Basically, it’s just a way to compile a collection of the easy, everyday things I make for lunch on a low carb vegan diet. They’re all really easy (I don’t love complicated recipes), and contain fairly common ingredents. 🙂
Mock Tuna Salad
- 1 block extra firm tofu, drained and pressed to get the extra moisture out
- 1/2 cup vegan mayo (Hampton Creek’s Just Mayo is pretty amazing)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/4 cup finely chopped carrots
- 1/2 tsp kelp powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- salt & pepper to taste
- celery sticks & seaweed snacks for serving
- Mix all of the above ingredients in a big bowl until everything is well combined (except celery sticks and seaweek snacks). Crumble seaweed snacks on top, and serve with celery sticks. This makes about 4 servings, with about 4-5g net carbs. Not bad!
Jackfruit & Cauliflower Taco Bowls
- 1 can young jackfruit in water
- 1 tbsp (or more, if you like things spicy) taco seasoning/chili powder
- 1 cup frozen kale
- 1 package cauliflower rice
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- garlic and onion powder to taste
- Vegan cheese and guacamole for serving
- Drain the can of jackfruit, and chop it into more manageable pieces. Dump everything (except vegan cheese and guac) in a pot and sautee until the cauliflower is nice and tender. Make sure to stir often so that the spices are all well incorporated. This makes about 3 servings that are 5-6g of net carbs each (pre-vegan cheese and guac). Serve with lots of guacamole or plain avocados, and vegan cheese (if you’d like – though, that will add some carbs for sure).
Kelp Noodle Pad Thai
- recipe for the sauce is here
- Basically, since the sauce recipe makes 4 servings, I like to make this 3-4 times a week by draining, rinsing and soaking two bags of kelp noodles together, portioning them into 4 tupperware containers and then dividing the sauce and toppings of choice on everything. It’s so easy, and absurdly delicious.
Lemon Poppy Tahini Salad Boats
- There are two variations on this – in lettuce boats, and in avocados
- 1 avocado, halved and pitted OR 3-4 lettuce leaves
- 1/4 cup chopped/grated carrots or purple cabbage
- 2-4 tablespoons of sunflower seeds or tahini
- dressing recipe is here!
- salt and pepper to taste
- Combine carrots and dressing, and serve in the lettuce boats, or avocado halves. This makes an awesome breakfast, too, and has only 5.5g of net carbs!
- This is less a salad, and more lettuce with falafel on top.
- 2 cups mixed greens
- 3 falafel balls
- tahini sauce – 2 tbsp tahini mixed with 2 tbsp lemon juice
- This is actually a bit higher in carbs – about 12g net for the whole shebang. Worth it, though!