Note: Hi, friends! Just a a quick reminder – some of the links on this site are affiliate links, and so I may earn a little cash on qualifying orders. It doesn’t cost you anything extra, and is a nice way to help support this site! I also want to point out that I don’t promote products I haven’t actually tried or products that I don’t trust. 🙂
Okay, so it’s not anywhere near fall yet, but I’m really craving pumpkin right now. Any why not? Pumpkin is packed with vitamin A, B vitamins and potassium. Plus, it tastes like fall, which is a nice break from the 90 degree death box that my apartment has become.
- 4 oz neufchatel cheese (1/2 a package)
- 1/2 cup pureed pumpkin (make sure it's just pumpkin!)
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice (or, for a twist, Chinese five spice!)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp pure stevia powder
- 1/2 cup pecans, finely ground
- Prep a muffin tin with liners, or use [a silicon onehttp://amzn.to/1IY5MZ0]!
- Measure out about a tablespoon of ground pecans into each well in the muffin tin and press into the bottom to form the bottom crust.
- In a small mixing bowl, blend stevia, spices, vanilla and coconut oil into the pumpkin puree.
- Add in neufchatel (or cream cheese), and beat until lumps are gone and the mixture is thoroughly combined.
- Taste it - if it's not sweet enough, add in more stevia a tiny bit at a time. A little goes a long way!
- Scoop about two tablespoons of filling mixture on top of each crust, and smooth around the edges.
- Pop in the freezer for about 45 minutes (or they will be icy!). Alternatively, you could just chill in the fridge for 90 minutes to 2 hours. I'm just impatient.
- Remove from the muffin tin and let sit for 10 minutes (if they were frozen) before eating. If they weren't frozen, you don't have to wait!