Low Carb Vegan Creamy Brussels Sprouts Spaghetti
Note: Hi, friends! Just a a quick reminder – some of the links on this site are affiliate links, and so I may earn a little cash on qualifying orders. It doesn’t cost you anything extra, and is a nice way to help support this site! I also want to point out that I don’t promote products I haven’t actually tried or products that I don’t trust. 🙂
It’s blizzarding again today, and while waiting for another vegan keto bread experiment to rise (I’m not holding my breath…there’s been so much failure), I realized that I was super hungry and needed to make a quick lunch. So, I checked what I had in my fridge, pulled out some Brussels sprouts and shirataki noodles and got to work on this low carb vegan creamy Brussels sprouts spaghetti.
Every time I go to the grocery store, I try to buy a few bags of shirataki noodles. Not only are they crazy low in carbs, but they’re also super easy to prepare. They also really fill that pasta void for me, especially with a nice flavorful sauce. Of course, everyone is different and not every ketoer shares my love for these so-called “miracle noodles,” but if you haven’t ever tried them, it’s definitely worth seeing whether you like them!
This vegan keto spaghetti dish only takes about 10-15 minutes total, and is really filling. It’s also dairy free, egg free, nut free, gluten free and grain free, but somehow still tastes amazing!
Notes on Making Low Carb Vegan Creamy Brussels Sprouts Spaghetti
- I like using shirataki noodles for this, but you could easily spiralize some zucchini for the noodles. Just keep in mind, this will add some carbs and calories (but also, vitamins, minerals and other phyto-nutrients).
- You shouldn’t need to add any liquid to this, but if the cream cheese isn’t forming a nice cream sauce, 1 tbsp of water stirred in should do the trick!
- I have used the Trader Joe’s, Tofutti and Follow Your Heart vegan cream cheeses for this and they have all worked wonderfully.
- In colder months, I like to cook the Brussels sprouts until they’re nice and soft. To make this more springy, you could totally cook them a little less so they’re still a tiny bit crunchy, and add in some lemon zest.
- To bump up the protein content, you could add in some cubed baked tofu, or sprinkle on some hemp seeds. A meat substitute like Beyond Meat’s “chicken” strips would also be delicious here!
- 1 package shirataki noodles
- 1/4 cup shredded Brussels sprouts
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 tbsp (1 ounce) vegan cream cheese
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1tbsp nutritional yeast
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Add the olive oil, garlic and Brussels sprouts to the pan and sautee for a few minutes until the garlic and the sprouts soften a bit.
- Drain and rinse the noodles, and add them to the pan with the rest of the ingredients.
- Keep stirring every minute or so until all the ingredients blend together to make a creamy sauce.
- If the sauce is a bit thick, add a tiny amount (up to a tablespoon) of water and stir until you achieve a kind of alfredo-like texture.
- When the brussels sprouts are soft and the sauce is warmed through, plate up the spaghetti and enjoy!
This Low Carb Vegan Creamy Brussels Sprouts Spaghetti dish is keto friendly, gluten free, nut free and a good source of protein and fiber!