Low Carb Vegan Mint Matcha Fat Bombs
Sometimes, you don’t want to cook, or deal with any sort of food prep at all. In those moments, it’s wonderful to be able to reach into your fridge/freezer and grab a ready-to-go fat bomb – something super low in carbs, and filling. Lately, I’ve really been getting down with peanut butter and chocolate-based fat bombs, but today I decided I wanted something different.
I go through random matcha phases, and this is one of those cases. Matcha, for those of you who don’t know, is a powdered green tea, traditionally used in a ceremonial capacity in Japan. It’s really high in catechins and other antioxidants, and has even been shown to support fat burning, which is pretty cool. I really just like the flavor.
These fat bombs are totally vegan and sugar free, as well as nut free. I really like making fat bombs that everyone can enjoy with minimal allergy restrictions. Hemp is pretty low on the allergen scale, but happens to contain omega-3s and all the essential amino acids, so it’s a great base for vegan fat bombs.
Notes on Making Low Carb Vegan Mint Matcha Fat Bombs:
- You don’t need to add mint to these, I just happen to think the flavor is lovely. You can stick with just plain vanilla extract, or even add in some raspberry. Matcha and raspberry is a surprisingly awesome combo.
- Like with the mint, the little swirl is also totally unnecessary, but I just think it’s pretty.
- Yes, these are pretty high in saturated fat from the coconut oil, but they’re great for fat fasts, when you really want to dial in your macros. Besides – everything in moderation!
- If you use unrefined coconut oil, these are actually raw!
- If you don’t want to deal with making the little swirls, I get it – you can just add the coconut butter/manna to the first step and blend like the dickens.
- I add the stevia in a few drops at a time, and taste after mixing in each addition, because it’s really easy to add too much, and “too much” for you might be “not enough” for me. Stevia is fickle, but can be great when used in moderation!
- Realistically, you could omit the matcha and make these mint…or add a few tbsp of cocoa powder for mint chocolate…
These delicious and refreshing low carb vegan fat bombs are sugar free, nut free and easy to make!
- 3/4 cup hemp seeds
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1 tsp matcha powder
- 2 tbsp coconut butter (also called coconut manna)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp mint extract
- liquid stevia to taste
- In a high powered blender, combine the hemp seeds, coconut oil, matcha, extracts and stevia. Blend until totally smooth. Divide into the wells of a silicon muffin tin (I got 10 little cups out of this).
- Melt the coconut butter/manna until smooth and drizzle on top of the cups. This is purely for decoration. You could, if you were feeling fancy, add only the vanilla extract to the matcha, and mix the peppermint into the coconut butter to make the decorative swirls somewhat functional, but this is totally optional.