Note: Hi, friends! Just a a quick reminder – some of the links on this site are affiliate links, and so I may earn a little cash on qualifying orders. It doesn’t cost you anything extra, and is a nice way to help support this site! I also want to point out that I don’t promote products I haven’t actually tried or products that I don’t trust. 🙂
So, I’m going to do my best to refrain from posting a million pumpkin spice recipes between now and Thanksgiving, but realistically, there will be a few more. I got this adorable pumpkin candy mold today and decided my first task would be to make something pumpkin flavored. Because it’s back to being hot out, I didn’t really feel like baking and decided that some low carb vegan pumpkin spice fat bombs were in order!
These are really basic, and basically just require you to be able to blend things, and then scoop them into molds. Amazing! I like using hemp seed because it sneaks some omega-3 fatty acids into the mix, as well as some fiber and protein. It also provides a little more texture than just the coconut oil alone, and I don’t love feeling like I’m just eating oil.
The pumpkin in these provides some fiber and a solid amount of beta carotene. In fact, just one fat bomb has almost 50% of the RDA for vitamin A. Not bad for something that basically tastes like candy. These bad boys are both soy free and nut free, as well as vegan and free of added sugar. I hope you enjoy these, and if you try them in your coffee, let me know!
Notes on Making Low Carb Vegan Pumpkin Spice Fat Bombs
- You can very easily use these to flavor coffee, and it’s amazing. Basically, blend 1 cube with 8 ounces of hot coffee, and enjoy.
- These turn out best if the coconut oil is melty and the pumpkin is at room temperature. At first I tried this with pumpkin that had been sitting in the fridge, and it really did not go well. The oil seized up and it was sort of a disaster.
- If you don’t want to eat straight oil, you can use coconut butter/manna in place of the oil. The taste and texture will change, but they will still be delicious!
- To measure out the oil, you can use a liquid measuring device, like this one! It pushes liquid or semi-solid ingredients out like a push-pop and makes measurement and cleanup so much easier!
- You don’t need to use pumpkin spice, and can easily go with just cinnamon instead. You can also use Chinese Five Spice for a little more depth.
- To calculate net carbs – subtract the grams of fiber, allulose and sugar alcohols (if applicable) from the total grams of carbohydrates in the recipe.
- While I strive to provide accurate nutrition information, there are variations across brands and types of ingredients. So, if you’re using other brands than those mentioned, your macros may be different. All nutrition info is calculated from the USDA values for each ingredient, unless a brand is specifically mentioned (or no generic listing is available), and are for information purposes only!
Low Carb Vegan Pumpkin Spice Fat Bombs
- 3/4 cup pumpkin puree (180ml)
- 1/4 cup hemp seeds (40g)
- 1/2 cup coconut oil , softened (120ml)
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice blend
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- liquid stevia or sweetener of choice to taste
- Blend all ingredients together in a blender or food processor. I recommend starting with the coconut and pumpkin, adding in the hemp and blending until smooth and then adding the spices, vanilla and stevia (or sweetener of choice). Portion into a silicone mold, freeze for an hour (or until firm) and enjoy!