Vegan Keto Buffalo Jackfruit Dip (soy-free, dairy-free, coconut-free)
Note: Hi, friends! Just a a quick reminder – some of the links on this site are affiliate links, and so I may earn a little cash on qualifying orders. It doesn’t cost you anything extra, and is a nice way to help support this site! I also want to point out that I don’t promote products I haven’t actually tried or products that I don’t trust. 🙂
This vegan keto buffalo jackfruit dip is everything you want in a comfort food snack. It’s rich and creamy with a kick of heat, and it’s also absurdly easy to make. Oh, and it’s delicious. Did I mention it was delicious? Because it is. It’s so good, in fact, that my dairy-eating husband ate about half of it before asking, “wait, this is vegan?”
To make this, you basically just combine everything in a bowl (I’d recommend a bigger one that I used in the picture… it was a challenge not to spill), then bake it for about 25-30 minutes and call it a day. It’s seriously that easy. Because there are so many different commercial cream cheese products out there, you can also tailor this to avoid whatever allergens you need. So, while the cream cheese brands I typically use are nut-based, you can find ones that are nut-free, soy-free, coconut-free…pretty much any allergen can be eliminated. Same goes for the ranch.
I really hope you make this. It’s so darn good. I really can’t stop. If you do give this recipe a try, I’d love to hear about it in the comments or on social media!
Notes on Making Vegan Keto Buffalo Jackfruit Dip
- There are loads of vegan cream cheese substitutes (or creamy vegan cheeses, which will basically do the same thing) on the market that are whole-foods based. Kite Hill, Tree Line, Heidi Ho, Miyoko’s Kitchen and Culcherd are a few brands I recommend.
- You can also use oil-based brands like Tofutti, Trader Joe’s, 365 and Follow Your Heart. They will function the same way in this recipe. It’s really just a matter of preference and budget.
- While there are plenty of vegan ranch dressings out there, I like to make my own. Recipe here.
- Be careful to buy the green (young) jackfruit in brine and not jackfruit in syrup! Not only is there a huge carb difference, but the sweet jackfruit is not what we’re going for here. You can also find canned jackfruit in the Asian import section of most regular grocery stores.
- If you can’t find jackfruit, you could also use your favorite “chicken” substitute.
- The non-dairy cheese on top is totally optional. I like to add it because I think it looks better. This one happens to be Daiya, and adds .5g of net carbs per serving if added.
- There are technically 12 servings in this and each is around 1/4 cup (60g). If we’re being candid here…I usually eat 2 servings all by myself.
- I like to serve this with celery, but it’s also AMAZING on top of a slice of my seed bread (page 74 of my cookbook).
- Keep in mind that different brands and varieties of ingredients can vary in their nutrition content. so, while I strive to provide accurate nutritional information, your results may differ!
This super delicious vegan keto buffalo jackfruit dip is the perfect snack for a chilly day. It's also crazy easy to make!
- 1 20oz (567g) can (9.9oz/280g dry weight) brined jackfruit, drained and rinsed
- 1 8oz (227g) package of vegan cream cheese
- 1/2 cup (120ml) hot sauce
- 1/4 cup (60ml) vegan ranch dressing
- 1/4 cup (18g) chopped scallions, plus more for garnish
- 2 rounded tsp (15g) nutritional yeast
- OPTIONAL: 1/4 cup (30g) vegan cheese shreds
- Preheat oven to 350°F (177°C). Have on hand a baking dish that can hold at least 3 cups (720ml).
- Either in a food processor, or by hand, chop the jackfruit until it resembles shredded chicken.
- Transfer the jackfruit into a medium-sized mixing bowl. Add in the remaining ingredients (except the optional shredded vegan cheese), and stir until thoroughly combined.
- Scoop the mixture into the baking dish, top with vegan cheese (if desired), and bake for 25 minutes, until heated through and the top has some slightly crispy bits.
- Let cool slightly, top with additional scallions and enjoy!