Vegan Keto Coconut Lime Cauliflower Rice
Note: Hi, friends! Just a a quick reminder – some of the links on this site are affiliate links, and so I may earn a little cash on qualifying orders. It doesn’t cost you anything extra, and is a nice way to help support this site! I also want to point out that I don’t promote products I haven’t actually tried or products that I don’t trust. 🙂
Hi, friends! I’ve been getting a lot of messages lately asking for some super basic vegan keto recipes to help people get started. This vegan keto coconut cauliflower rice dish is a recipe that I think is perfect for beginners. It’s really easy to throw together and contains a nice balance of fat and protein while staying super low carb. The hemp seeds also provide some omega-3 fatty acids. As a bonus, this only takes about 10 minutes to cook. So, you can have dinner on the table super quickly.
You guys also may remember that Whole Foods Market locations on the east coast featured a selection of my dishes in January as a part of their healthy eating promotion. This coconut rice (without the hemp seeds) was one of those dishes and it’s something that I routinely make for myself as the base for veggie bowls and just as a quick and easy way to round out meals.
It may seem weird to have seeds in with the rice, but they really do add so much to the nutritional profile of this dish. Hemp seeds are an awesome source of omega-3s and protein, and I like cooking them with the cauli-rice because it really softens them up so they aren’t quite so noticeable. It’s an easy way to add a bunch of minerals to your meal, while also boosting the good fats and protein content.
I can’t stress enough how simple this is, and yet it’s so good! It truly is a staple in my kitchen, and I hope you guys enjoy it as well! If you guys make this (or a variation thereof), I’d love to hear about it! Leave a comment here or give me a shout out on social media!
Notes on Making Super Basic Vegan Keto Coconut Cauliflower Rice
- I used frozen cauliflower rice for this, but you can use fresh as well. The cooking time will increase though. Check on the rice after around 15 minutes, and then every minute or so after until it is tender.
- If you are adding lime juice, make sure to do so after the rice has finished cooking. The flavor is so much brighter and stronger that way!
- You could optionally top this with some toasted coconut flakes.
- This rice pairs really well with bright, citrus flavors (so, for keto-ers, that’s basically lemon and lime).
- If you can’t find hemp seeds, you can skip them, just keep in mind that nearly all of the protein in the recipes comes from the seeds.
- This recipe doubles easily for meal prep!
- While I strive to provide accurate nutritional info, please keep in mind that different brands and varieties of ingredients will have different nutrient profiles. So, your macro calculations may vary from those included here.
This easy vegan keto coconut rice is full of fiber, good fats and protein and is ready to eat within 15 minutes!
- 12oz (340g) frozen cauliflower rice
- 1/2 cup (120ml) full-fat canned coconut milk
- 1/4 cup (40g) hulled hemp seeds
- pinch of salt
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- In a medium-sized pot or Dutch oven on medium-low heat, stir together cauli-rice, coconut milk, hemp seeds and salt.
- Cover and cook for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the liquid has been absorbed by the hemp seeds and the cauli-rice is tender.
- Remove from the heat, let cool slightly and stir in the lime juice.