Note: Hi, friends! Just a a quick reminder – some of the links on this site are affiliate links, and so I may earn a little cash on qualifying orders. It doesn’t cost you anything extra, and is a nice way to help support this site! I also want to point out that I don’t promote products I haven’t actually tried or products that I don’t trust. 🙂
‘Tis the season for holiday baking! One of my favorite holiday treats is gingerbread, so when I woke up this morning with a need to do some baking, vegan keto gingerbread muffins seemed like the way to go!
These use peanut butter as both a fat and flour, so they’re super rich and tender. No dry muffins here! The recipe is really easy, and also happens to be sugar free, soy free and gluten free. Not bad for a delicious holiday breakfast treat!
Notes on baking Vegan Keto Gingerbread Muffins:
- This recipe uses peanut butter, though any nut butter will do. The peanut butter is surprisingly demure here and works nicely with the ginger and spices.
- If you are allergic to nuts, you could easily use sunflower seed butter in place of peanut butter.
- I’m lazy sometimes and like having a pre-made spice mix around instead of always mixing spices for every recipe. If you don’t have a bunch of spices lying around, you can use 1 tbsp ginger, and 1 tbsp cinnamon instead. It’s not exact, but it works!
- Spices lose their flavor over time, so be sure your spices are fresh. If you don’t like things too spicy, you can reduce the spice blend to 1 tbsp, but the peanut butter flavor will definitely be more apparent if you do.
- These need to cool after coming out of the oven, or else they will fall apart!
- If you use unsalted peanut butter, add a pinch of salt!
- I used 2 tbsp of sweetener, but you can use 3 if you like things sweeter.
- If you don’t have a granulated sugar alternative lying around, you could also use stevia. This is a helpful conversion chart to assist in figuring out how much stevia to use.
- Be sure to mix everything thoroughly. This is not the type of muffin that works well with a loose mix.