Note: Hi, friends! Just a a quick reminder – some of the links on this site are affiliate links, and so I may earn a little cash on qualifying orders. It doesn’t cost you anything extra, and is a nice way to help support this site! I also want to point out that I don’t promote products I haven’t actually tried or products that I don’t trust. 🙂
In years past when I’ve done keto, I definitely haven’t given enough appreciation to fat bombs. Sure, I’d make the occasional lazy vegan keto fudge out of cocoa powder, coconut oil and stevia (directions: eyeball ingredients, mix together and keep adding more of any of those three things until it tastes good), but I never really got into making fat bombs that were in any way more complicated than that. Recently, though, I’ve really been appreciating the simplicity of having a snack that is super low in carbs, and also contains some fun superfoods to boot.
Case in point: these vegan keto magic energy fat bombs. They’re packed with ingredients to really wake you the heck up, and fuel your day with fat and adaptogens. These adaptogens come in the form of cordyceps (a medicinal mushroom known to help improve athletic performance), and maca (a tuber known for balancing out sex hormones). On their own, neither of these two ingredients are particularly tasty, but add in some peanut butter and coffee, and goodness me – it’s a winner!
These little guys actually do have some caffeine in them as well, from the coffee, and some medium chain triglycerides from the coconut oil that combine with the cordyceps and maca to create a pretty high energy treat. These little guys are sugar free, vegan, and completely delicious!
Notes on Making Vegan Keto Magic Mushroom Fat Bombs
- I used the cordyceps coffee for this, but you could also use the hot chocolate mix (both from Four Sigmatic). It’s got a few carbs in it (it would come out to an additional .75 carbs per recipe, if using two packets), but that’s not too shabby if you really prefer chocolate to coffee.
- To get that fun swirl pattern, I slowly dolloped the coffee mixture overtop the peanut butter mixture and swirled it with a chopstick.
- I do not recommend eating these at night – they’re not exactly sleep-inducing…
- FYI – Gelatinized maca has nothing to do with gelatin and IS vegan! 🙂
- You can use almond butter instead of peanut butter – I’m just allergic to almonds!
Vegan Keto Magic Mushroom Fat Bombs
- 3/4 cup peanut butter I used unsweetened and salted
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tbsp (separated out) coconut oil
- 2 tbsp maca powder
- 2 packets cordyceps coffee
- liquid stevia
- In a blender, thoroughly combine peanut butter, coconut oil, 1/4 tsp of liquid stevia (or equivalent) and 2 tbsp of maca powder. Blend until smooth.
- Evenly distribute the mixture between 12 wells of a silicon muffin tray.
- In a small bowl, mix the cordyceps coffee with 2 tbsp of coconut oil and a few drops of stevia. It helps if the coconut oil is in a quasi-liquid state.
- Slowly drizzle the mixture over the fat bombs (about a 1/2 tsp per fat bomb) in whatever pattern you'd like.
- Freeze until solid (at least a half hour), and enjoy!