Vegan Keto Pumpkin Bread (From My Cookbook!)
Note: Hi, friends! Just a a quick reminder – some of the links on this site are affiliate links, and so I may earn a little cash on qualifying orders. It doesn’t cost you anything extra, and is a nice way to help support this site! I also want to point out that I don’t promote products I haven’t actually tried or products that I don’t trust. 🙂
Guys, my cookbook went to print this week!!!!!!! I’m absurdly excited and decided to celebrate this momentous occasion by sharing a recipe from it! Since I’ve been making a lot of pumpkin recipes lately, it only seemed fitting to continue this trend by posting my vegan keto pumpkin bread recipe. Plus, I have half a can of pumpkin in my fridge still, and I’ve got to do something with it…
I already posted a screenshot of the recipe on Instagram, but it seemed silly to leave it at that. I don’t expect you guys to cook based on a screenshot of a grainy photo of my computer screen… SO, here we are, with the complete recipe!
This low carb vegan pumpkin bread is gluten-free, peanut-free and nut-free. It can also be made soy-free super easily. I used soy flour for the recipe in the book, as it’s the most easily obtained and least spendy option, but I haven’t actually been eating soy lately, so I’ve been making it with lupini flour. Chickpea flour is another option if you are willing to sacrifice a few more carbs.
Anyway, enough pre-amble. I’m SO, SO, SO excited to share my cookbook with all of you and I hope you enjoy this little sneak peek!
This vegan keto pumpkin bread is rapidly becoming my favorite fall treat! It's gluten-free and nut-free and can easily be made soy-free.
- ¹⁄3 cup (80 ml) nondairy milk of choice
- ¼ cup (48g) granulated sweetener
- 2 tablespoons (14g) ground flax seeds
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¾ cup (170g) pumpkin puree
- ½ cup (112g) coconut oil, softened
- ¾ cup (84g) soy flour or lupini bean flour
- ¼ cup (28g) coconut flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (177°C) and line a 9 by 5-inch (23 by 12.75-cm) loaf pan with parchment paper. Leave at least 2 inches (5 cm) of extra parchment on each long side of the pan for easier removal of the loaf.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, stir together the nondairy milk, sweetener, flax seeds, and vanilla extract. Set aside for 5 minutes, until the flax seeds absorb some of the liquid and thicken, then stir in the pumpkin puree and coconut oil.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the soy flour, coconut flour, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Stir the dry ingredients into the pumpkin mixture until completely combined and smooth, then scoop the batter into the lined pan and spread evenly. The batter will be too thick to pour, but still loose enough to spread.
- Bake for 50 minutes, until a knife inserted in the center of the loaf comes out clean. Let the bread cool in the pan for 5 minutes before removing using the overhanging parchment as handles.
- Let cool completely before slicing.