Vegan Keto Strawberry Cheesecake Protein Balls
I’ve really been trying to cut down on buying protein bars lately. For starters, it’s almost impossible to actually find a vegan keto protein bar, and once you do, they aren’t particularly cost effective. Most low carb vegan protein bars will set you back at least $2.50 a pop, which really adds up over the course of the week!
In addition to being vegan and sugar free, these protein balls are also nut free, gluten free and soy free (depending on which vegan cream cheese you use, if any). I like recipes that are accessible to as many people as possible, because it can be such a challenge trying to navigate around food allergies!
I really hope you like these! I’ve been making them all week in different iterations, trying to get everything just right, so I’ve definitely become a huge fan. If you do make these, I’d love to hear about it in the comments, or on social media!
Notes on making Vegan Keto Strawberry Cheesecake Protein Balls
- You could realistically make these into bars and cut them up, but I like rolling them into little balls, because it’s easier.
- These can be made with either vegan cream cheese (pretty much any brand), coconut butter/manna, or a combination of the two. I like to do a 50/50 blend for texture, but if you can’t find either the vegan cream cheese or coconut manna where you are, feel free to just use the one you can find.
- If you do go with using 100% coconut manna, the taste will be less tangy, and the texture will be a little harder, but they’re still totally delicious!
- I added a tsp of beetroot powder to these to make them a little pinker, because they’re a little more aesthetically pleasing that way, but it’s entirely optional.
- These definitely stick a little bit to the roof of your mouth, but are really delicious!
- I used Vega Protein & Greens protein powder for this, but you could use whatever plant-based protein floats your boat. Just be sure the measurements are similar!
These vegan keto strawberry cheesecake protein balls are nut free, soy free, gluten free, low carb, tasty and easy to make!
- 1/2 cup coconut manna/coconut butter/creamed coconut
- 1/2 cup vegan cream cheese
- 3 scoops (~100g) Vanilla Vega Protein & Greens Powder
- 1/4 cup ground flax seed
- 7g (about 1/4 cup) freeze dried strawberries
- 1 tsp beetroot powder (optional, for color and added antioxidants!)
- Make sure the coconut manna is soft enough to work with (I often soak the container in hot water for a while before attempting to use it).
- Mix coconut manna and vegan cream cheese until completely combined.
- Crush up freeze dried strawberries. Mix together with protein powder, ground flax seed and beetroot powder (if using).
- Stir dry ingredients into the coconut manna and cream cheese mixture and work until a dough forms.
- Roll into 24 little balls and chill until firm. Store in the fridge for up to a week.