Note: Hi, friends! Just a a quick reminder – some of the links on this site are affiliate links, and so I may earn a little cash on qualifying orders. It doesn’t cost you anything extra, and is a nice way to help support this site! I also want to point out that I don’t promote products I haven’t actually tried or products that I don’t trust. 🙂
In my carb-eating days, veggie sushi rolls were one of my favorite things to eat. There’s something about the combination of cucumber, avocado and nori that’s just magical. Eating a grain-free, vegan keto diet can make finding sushi a bit more challenging. While many places offer rice-free rolls, now, it’s not super common. I also find that eating sushi on the go can be a little bit of a challenge, so I decided to make this vegan keto sushi bowl, which packs all of the flavors of sushi into an easily-transportable dish.
As an added bonus, everything can be made well in advance and even assembled a night or two ahead of time. I like to portion out everything into lunch containers at the beginning of the week, and then add in the avocado the day of (though really, I just toss a whole avocado into my bag and messily mush it into the sushi bowl at lunch time).
This is one of those recipes that works really well for leftovers, and for those of us who always have a container of cooked cauli-rice at the ready. It’s really more of a formula or a template than it is a strict recipe, as you can really use whatever ingredients you’d like to approximate your favorite veggie sushi rolls. Pretty much any leftover veggies will work here, so if you’re trying to clean out your fridge, you’re in luck!
Notes on Making This Vegan Keto Sushi Bowl
- I used this homemade seaweed salad recipe, but you could also use a store bought one!
- I snagged the Toona on Thrive Market, but it’s also available at Whole Foods.
- Instead of the Toona, you could use tofu (this hemp tofu will keep things soy-free!).
- For a fun twist, you could also sub the Toona for some homemade vegan keto “lox.”
- As mentioned above, this is a great template into which you can plug your favorite veg sushi ingredients!
- Other veggie suggestions: bell peppers, asparagus, carrots, zucchini or summer squash
- The nutrition information provided is for the recipe and toppings as written. Keep that in mind if you change anything up!
- While I strive to provide accurate nutritional information, different brands and varieties of ingredients can have varying nutrient content, so your calculations may not be exactly the same as mine!
Vegan Keto Sushi Bowl
- 1/2 cup 85g cooked cauliflower rice
- 1 serving 26g seaweed salad (either homemade, or whichever you prefer)
- 1/4 cup 25g cucumber slices/cubes
- 1/3 can 56g Vegan Toona or protein of choice (tofu, edamame, etc)
- 1/4 of an avocado sliced (about 34g)
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
- a sprinkling of micro greens
- Combine all ingredients into a bowl, top and enjoy!