Vegan Ketogenic Diet Basics
Note: Hi, friends! Just a a quick reminder – some of the links on this site are affiliate links, and so I may earn a little cash on qualifying orders. It doesn’t cost you anything extra, and is a nice way to help support this site! I also want to point out that I don’t promote products I haven’t actually tried or products that I don’t trust. 🙂
Are you new to a vegan ketogenic diet? It’s not always easy to adapt to this way of eating, so I’ve gathered together a few links to help along the way. Hopefully, you find this information helpful! Whether you’d like to know how much protein you should be getting, which vegetables are the best to eat on a ketogenic diet, or which are the best sources of vegan fat, you’re in the right place!
Some quick notes – as of now, there is no actual vegan keto cookbook on the market at this time (though I will let you know as soon as this changes)! None of the vegan keto cookbooks listed on Amazon are actually vegan, and those that are vegan are not actually keto (or even low carb in some cases!). It’s a total bummer that these are still up because it’s so deceptive, and they’re not cheap! So, buyer beware. There are a ton of free recipes here, however, and on the other sites listed below!
If you happen to know of another great vegan keto recipe blog – I’d LOVE to know about it! It’s such a nice community, and I’d love to get to know other plant-based keto bloggers. 🙂
The Absolute Basics
- Is a Vegan Ketogenic Diet Possible?
- My Vegan Keto Essentials
- How Many Calories Should I Eat on Keto?
- Do You Really Need Keto Stix?
- Meat Free Keto eBook
- Quick Start Meal Plan
- Other Vegan Keto Meal Plans
- The Ultimate Vegan Keto Food List
Protein Sources on a Vegan Ketogenic Diet
- The Best Low Carb Vegan Protein Powders
- The Best Low Carb Gluten Free Meat Substitutes
- Eating a Soy-free Vegan Keto Diet
Fruits and Vegetables
Vegan Keto Recipe Blogs:
- This site you’re on here has a ton of of vegan keto recipes of all types to search through!
- Herbivore Post – Renee’s blog and recipes are just fantastic! She’s a great resource.
- Neurokeys.de – Wenn du Deutsch sprichst, ist dies eine tolle Seite. 🙂
- Compassionate Keto – Amber is a baker extraordinaire. She posts great recipes, and is even starting a vegan keto bakery (YES!!!)!
- Clean Keto Blog – Meg posts awesome recipes and compiles super helpful lists for any newbie vegan ketoer.
- Healthful Pursuit – While not actually vegan, Leanne features many keto recipes that also happen to be vegan. she’s also got a super informative podcast!