Vegan Mojito Fat Bombs (nut free, soy free, paleo)
It’s been a while since I’ve really made any new fat bombs. Usually, I’m content with the same old thing (usually the Magic Mushroom ones – no, not that kind of mushroom…). But recently, I’ve been exploring some different flavor combinations. I saw a mojito smoothie recipe the other day (chock full of sugar – it looked so good, though), and took that as inspiration for these vegan mojito fat bombs.
Like with many of my fat bombs, I used hemp seeds as a base. I really love hemp seeds both for their protein content and omega-3 fatty acid content. It can be really easy on a plant-based keto diet to forget about omega-3s, but by adding in a little hemp, flax or chia into your daily routine, you can certainly meet your quota. Check out this article to learn more about getting enough omega-3 fatty acids into your diet.
These are super easy to make if you have a blender. If not, there are some minor modifications so you don’t. These fat bombs are not only vegan but also nut free, soy free and are paleo.
Notes on making Vegan Mojito Fat Bombs (nut free, soy free, paleo)
- If you don’t have a blender or food processor, you can use melted coconut butter/manna instead of the hemp seeds, and omit the fresh mint.
- That green color is entirely from the mint leaves! The fresh mint also imparts a really nice flavor, which is enhanced by the extract. You don’t have to use fresh mint if it’s too much of a pain, but it is a really nice touch.
- Substituting in the coconut manna is also a good move if you want to reduce the protein content and have them be a strictly-fat bomb.
- To add even more omegas and fat, you could toss 1 tbsp of ground flax before pouring them.
- You could also use erythritol as a sweetener, or omit it completely here.
- I don’t normally incorporate fat bombs into my daily eating routine, but they’re nice to have in the freezer for those moments where you suddenly realize you haven’t eaten all day and you’re super hungry and don’t want to take the time to cook anything. They’ve definitely lept me from making some questionable food choices!
- You could definitely set these in the fridge, but it’ll take a lot longer. It’s only about 20-30 minutes in the freezer for these to set up, vs over an hour in the fridge. Plus, they keep much longer in the freezer.
These vegan keto mojito fat bombs are a refreshing way to stay low carb, while still sneaking some good fats, fiber, protein and omega-3 fatty acids into your diet!
- ¾ cup hulled hemp seeds OR ½ cup coconut manna
- ½ cup coconut oil
- 1 loose cup (28g) fresh mint
- ½ tsp mint extract
- Juice & zest of two limes
- ¼-½ tsp liquid stevia (depending on your taste)
- Blend all ingredients together until totally smooth. Optional: garnish with a bit of lime zest. Then freeze.