Low Carb Vegan Pumpkin Spice Cheesecake
I’m actually really excited about this recipe for a few reasons:
- It’s vegan – I’m sure you guys know how hard it is to find vegan keto recipes!
- It’s detox city – Brazil nuts supply heaps of selenium, which is an antioxidant and heavy metal detoxifier, as well as a necessary co-factor in thyroid function. So much win.
- There are no sweeteners! Wha??? A dessert recipe with no sweeteners? Truth. The first iteration of this recipe had stevia, but honestly tasted kind of strange. So, I added a bit more seasoning and omitted the stevia. This was a good move
- 1/2 cup Brazil nuts, soaked overnight
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp vinegar
- 2 tsp Pumpkin Spice or Five Spice Blend
- 1 tbsp water (optional)
- 1/2 cup finely ground pecans
- Soak Brazil nuts overnight (or for about a half hour in near-boiling water)
- Press finely ground pecans into the bottom of six wells of a muffin tin to make the crust (I use a silicon one) - if using a metal or glass tin, I'd recommend cupcake liners to make removal easy!
- Drain nuts, and toss in a blender with pumpkin, coconut oil, spices, vinegar and vanilla. Blend until smooth, scraping down the sides of the blender to make sure everything is incorporated. If the mixture isn't blending, slowly add in the additional tbsp of water.
- Spoon mixture overtop crust and smooth top.
- Chill in the fridge for 30 minutes (or longer!).
If you want to add a bit of sweetener, do it sloooowly and taste as you go along!